Do you love stories? Do you like to read books that take you on adventures?
If you’re a book worm or a budding writer, now is your chance to create your very own short story and enter it in our 2016 Young Authors Challenge. The winners of the competition will have their stories published in this year’s storybook. The book will raise funds for the Starship Foundation.
Before you start, you need to make sure your story ticks all of these boxes:
- Written by YOU. The more original the better
- You must be primary or intermediate age. You can write as an individual, group or even a class.
- You must live in Auckland or Northland
- Must be 600 words or less
- Stories need to have a positive message
- Must be suitable for kids – just like you!
- Nothing nasty: no prejudice, violence, bad language, or anything else inappropriate. If you’re not sure about this, check with an adult
- Must be received by as at Barfoot & Thompson by June 2nd. Details for entry are below
Ticked all the boxes and think you have what it takes? Well what are you waiting for?! Pick up your pens and pencils and get writing.
You can email your story (or questions!) to email@example.com or use the entry form on here. Or if you like, you can drop it in to your nearest Barfoot & Thompson branch or mail it to us at:
Barfoot & Thompson Young Authors Challenge
PO Box 4078
GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY WRITING!